Misreported "corruption" between versions fixed

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Oct 28 10:16:44 EDT 2014

Kay C Lan wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:43 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> It turns out that the very feature Phil Jimmieson requested,... has
>> already been implemented
>>
>> Ah, a nice example of the benefits of spending a little time to measure
> twice and cut once.
>
> Sure seems to be a whole heap more helpful than just 'cutting' straight to
> a complaint on this List without every bothering to add an accurate
> 'measured' report to the LC Quality Control Centre.

In all fairness, I can hardly blame anyone from panicking when LiveCode
itself tells them a stack is corrupted.

It's great that they'd implemented a solution for this in v7, but with
v6.7 released simultaneously I'm surprised they didn't backport that fix
earlier in the process.

I'm glad we'll have it in v6.7.1, and I suspect it was merely an
overloaded to-do list that had caused it to not be backported earlier,
given the high value of not scaring people unnecessarily (even if it
close to Halloween <g>).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems