Benchmarking 7.0 performance

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Tue Oct 28 10:02:28 EDT 2014

Actually, I thought about an autosave. Tried an idler handler --
when 30 seconds of idle time accumulates, I figured that would
indicate non-use, and I could execute a save without disrupting
work flow. However, I couldn't make it work. Put it in the stack
script but the idle handler never seemed to get called.  Probably
the fact that I tried an idler handler shows how green I am as a
programmer. How would you go about making one?

But back to my original inquiry, isn't 10 to 12 seconds to save a
10MB file awfully long? Compared to everything else I do on a
computer (words, spreadsheets, audio, video, photographs, ocr) it
seems slow.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan