binaryDecode in LC 7.0(rc2) and EXIFLib

Jacques Hausser jacques.hausser at unil.ch
Fri Oct 17 08:50:30 EDT 2014

Le 17 oct. 2014 à 01:05, Jacques Hausser <jacques.hausser at unil.ch> a écrit :

> To the people using Alex Tweedly's EXIFLib:
> For the others, EXIFLib is a very useful library extracting the EXIF data (if any) of .jpg pictures. I'm really indebted to Alex for it and I'm using it for years now. It can be found here:
> http://tweedly.org/showpage.lc?page=EXIFLib
> This library works fine with the 6.n versions of LiveCode, up to 6.6.4 but with 7.0(RC2) LiveCode quits unexpectedly. I found that the culprits were lines 194-195 of the stack's script:
>
> put "x" & lexifBaseOffset+tOffset-1 & "a" & count into t
> put binaryDecode(t, lexifData, tJunk, tValues) into tJ
>
> with my data, t was "x146a11". Something changed in the intepretation of the formatsList between 6 and 7. Luckily, replacing the two lines by:
>
> put lexifBaseOffset+tOffset-1 into ttx
> put "a" & ttx+count into t
> put binaryDecode(t,lexifData,tValues) into tJ
> delete char 1 to ttx of tJ
>
> works perfectly!

mmmhh... unfortunately not ! It's only the first of a serie of problems of reading EXIF data. But at least LC doesn't quit anymore, and the EXIF tags seem to be recognized, even if their content is not - or not always.

Jacques

Prof. Jacques Hausser
Department of Ecology and Evolution
Biophore / Sorge