iOS apps - speed difference between LC 6.6.x and 6.7

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at icloud.com
Tue Oct 7 11:46:15 EDT 2014

I apologize if someone has brought this up before. I don’t recall.

I’m working on an update to an app and have switched over to using LC 6.7. Apart from having to change a line of code to get in-app purchases working correctly (new syntax), I’m noticing a speed difference. After building the app and running on a device (iPad Air), the app is just plain slower all around. The splash screen stays displayed longer, transitions (visual effects) are slower, etc. Not a lot slower, but enough that I notice it. I don’t see these issues when building the app with LC 6.6.4.

Has anyone else noticed this? I’ll take a closer look at the release notes to see if something has changed, but I wanted to check here to see if anyone else has had the same experience.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield