MergMicrophone And Exporting .caf files?

Stephen MacLean smaclean at madmansoft.com
Mon Oct 6 23:48:29 EDT 2014

Hi John,

You can set the format you want to record in, it doesn't have to be a .caf.

Here is where I set the settings for recording in an app I have

if the environment is "mobile" then
      mergMicrophoneSetNumberOfChannels "Stereo"
      mergMicrophoneSetSampleRate 44100
      mergMicrophoneSetAudioFormat "MP4-AAC"
      mergMicrophoneSetTargetBitRate 65536
      mergMicrophoneSetAudioQuality "High"
end if

You can play with these settings, but these are the ones I've found work reliably for MP4's on iOS.

HTH,

Steve MacLean