EU VAT changes & small software businesses

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 04:59:37 EST 2014

On 27 Nov 2014, at 12:52, Ian Wood <revlist at azurevision.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> I forgot to post that link. :-(
>
> It doesn't help much because I'm a sole trader under the UK VAT threshold - VAT-registering the entire business for the sake of 1000€ in software turnover would wipe out about half my income. At the moment it looks like I'll either have to stop the software side completely or start posting the software on CDs instead of via digital download.
>
> I'm a *little* bit pissed off at the moment...
>
> Ian

I can understand how pissed off you are. Wherever I read about it, it seems our worst thoughts are true. :-(

For those in the UK, there is a petition at the link below to have the current exemption threshold still apply.

https://www.change.org/p/vince-cable-mp-uphold-the-vat-exemption-threshold-for-businesses-supplying-digital-products