EU VAT changes & small software businesses

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 13:18:48 EST 2014

On 27/11/14 14:08, Dave Cragg wrote:
> Ian,
>
> For UK businesses, the link below gives some information of one way to handle this. I'm not sure how useful this is. Thankfully, I'm not affected at the moment.
>
> https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-supplying-digital-services-and-the-vat-mini-one-stop-shop
>
> Cheers
> Dave

My software floats in cyberspace and is a personal offering rather than
linked to my company
(which is a company based in Bulgaria solely for computer maintenance,
educational software
development and EFL teaching inwith the boundaries of Bulgaria): so, if
somebody pays me for
an item of software I produce (and the money goes into a PayPal account
linked to a Scottish
bank) the whole thing is extremely odd re who charges VAT and to whom,
where?

This, is like many things associated with the internet, a bit of a
wobbly area, and one that greedy nation states
are trying to muscle in on, but are going to find it hard to do.

Richmond.