hair-pulling frustration

Neil Roger neil at livecode.com
Thu Nov 13 14:58:46 EST 2014

Hi Richard,

I've  attempted to replicate the semicolon issue without any success.
This could be why we have not come accross it during testing in-house.
The script that I tested with is-

global gConnectionID
on mouseUp
    global gConnectionID
    if gConnectionID is not a number then
       answer error "Please connect to the database first."
       exit to top
    end if
    put "Table1" into tTableName
    put "SELECT * FROM " & tTableName into tSQL

    put revDataFromQuery(,,gConnectionID,"SELECT * FROM Table1;") into tData

    if item 1 of tData = "revdberr" then
       answer error "There was a problem querying the database:" & cr &
tData
    else
       put tData into field "Data"
    end if
end mouseUp

Both the inclusion and exclusion of the semi-colon return data as
expected. If possible, could you supply a stack for me to test with and
I will happily look into this further.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--