hair-pulling frustration

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 11 21:21:59 EST 2014

Dr. Hawkins wrote:

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> The first one ('97) was especially interesting because in all the
>> years
>> I'd been using LC I'd never used that particular feature.  The
>> description
>> of that feature on p68 of the User Guide does seem to match your
>> expectations, and I was able to confirm your report.
>
> The only reason *I* found it (the feature) was that I was trying to set
> breakpoints, and my usual ways didn't work.

I've always just clicked om the line number.  I know you've reported an
issue doing that while the script is running, but are you also unable to
set the breakpoints by clicking the line number at all?

>> There was a recent comment about shadowed name warnings in the
>> Facebook
>> group recently, but that seemed related to turning on the feature to
>> warn
>> about those (Prefs -> Script Editor -> Strict Compilation Mode).  The
>> person who noted the issue reported back that after restoring that
>> feature
>> to its default "off" setting he was happy.  Is that not working for
>> you?
>
> !!!
>
> No, not having strict compilation can't make me happy; I depend upon
> such things.  (I don't even like the lack of case sensitivity in names,
> or the inability to apply types, but those only bite on the database
> side,
> and I have scripts that watch my stacks for those on every build.

It seems I had misunderstood.  What's the bug report number for that
one?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager