iOS stand alone settings

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Nov 6 12:52:17 EST 2014

On 11/6/2014, 10:23 AM, ethanlish at gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  Any pointers to where I can locate or discover
> the object name?
>
> I am looking to move away from having two version numbers;
>      - one on the stand-alone setting screen and
>      - one in the application setting screen
>
> Since the stand-alone setting version value is required by the compiler,
> i would like to have the application settings screen just query the
> standalone value and present it to the user in the application context

I see, I misunderstood you the first time. The easiest way to keep track
of the version number in a standalone is to store it as a custom
property somewhere and retrieve it as needed. I usually store it as a
custom property of the main stack.

There are ways to read the plist file on an OS X app, but no good way to
find it in a Windows or mobile app. Storing it yourself is much easier.
The standalone builder does keep a record of the versions and other app
settings as part of the stack properties, but those are not retained in
the built standalone so you can't get them there.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com