cumbersome pt and rect operations

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Thu May 15 19:21:41 EDT 2014

Devin:
Tnx for the hint. But, I am doing a lot of adding points and putting various vertices of rects at specific points. and it occurred to me that just being able to add points to get the resultant point and that adding a point to a rect could move the rect by the amount of the point, and having various intersection and other routines would be extremely handy. For example, if I want to add two points together, it’s:

put item 1 of pt1 + item 1 of pt2 into item 1 of pt3
put item 2 of pt1 + item 2 of pt2 into item 2 of pt3

For positioning rects, it’s even more cumbersome, and takes 4 statements.

Of course, I have a bunch of basic handlers in a library that I use to do this, but some of the long, verbose way of moving things does seem quite cumbersome. I’m not doing animation, just setting up data plots.
Bill