Does exists LiveCode Server Portable...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 14 19:45:09 EDT 2014

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> Richard Gaskin wrote
>> What do you mean by "portable"?
> Then, mchttpd could work as new starting point
> for this shelved project:
>
> http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Looking-for-volunteers-to-create-Wikipedia-on-CD-application-td1288518.html

It would be nice to see LC in that, but there are many ways to solve
that problem.

One of the members of my local Linux User Group, Braddock Gaskill, has
been working on a very nice solution using a wifi hard drive to bring
the Internet into classrooms in areas where they have no Internet
infrastructure - Internet In A Box:

    The device includes Wikipedia in 37 languages, a library of 40,000
    e-books, most of the world's open source software and source code,
    hundreds of hours of instructional videos, and world-wide mapping
    down to street level.

    We can deploy a "knowledge hotspot" anywhere in the world - even
    under solar power.

<http://internet-in-a-box.org/>

Once the Linux ARM build of LiveCode is done, it can play a role on
hardware like that.  Most folks want that build for Raspberry Pi, but I
have my sights on using in on wifi drives and other small devices.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems