[OFF] Cool Plugins

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat May 10 21:03:28 EDT 2014

Alex Tweedly wrote:

 > The other area I'm even more interested in is RunRev's other major
 > "orphan" - the on-rev client, and LCServer live debugger. That was a
 > great idea - and the debugger still has the potential to be a unique
 > advantage for LC server; unfortunately, the original on-rev client
 > was only a minimal implementation, and has been abandoned.

Not abandoned, it turns out:  I asked about that in our last meeting,
and it's very much in development again.  In fact they had a dev working
on it during our call.

They're keen to post an announcement when the new version of that is
releasable, hopefully just another couple weeks.

 > And the other "mistake" (IMHO) was to keep this debugging as a
 > feature that was "unique to on-rev" rather than "unique to LC
 > server".

Maybe, but I'm not clear if it can be done from an ordinary CGI setup or
requires mods to Apache config, which would make it unusable to everyone
on a shared host.

I'll ask them....

--
  Richard Gaskin