[OT] For Mark Laffoon: Scripter's Scrapbook

Mark Laffoon mark.laffoon at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:21:17 EDT 2014

Hugh,

Thanks for trying to find me through another method!

What I was attempting (poorly perhaps) to refer to was including a link to
a pre-existing ssbk entry when using the API to set a new entries data.
 Example:

*ssBkSetEntryData* "MyEntry","Pinky Swears","Link to:" &&
*ssBkGetEntryLink*"13 Deadly Sins","HTML"

Or somesuch like that.

Thanks!

Mark

New email: mark at administrivia.solutions (still migrating from gmail....)

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 1:09 AM, FlexibleLearning.com <
admin at flexiblelearning.com> wrote:

> Mark
>
> Your gmail account is bouncing my emails to you.
>
> Since a Scrapbook link requires some text or an in-line image, you could
> try
> using the API and ssBkSetEntryData (#17 in the API webpage) to set the
> required link as htmlText...
>
> Example:
> ssBkSetEntryData "MyEntry","Code","This is a <B>test</B>","HTML"
>
> LiveCode's htmlText has recently changed a bit, so the exact format may
> need
> some trial and error!
>
> Hugh Senior
> FLCo
>
> > Message:  I have been banging away at the API, and have not found a
> > way to include a link to another entry when setting an entries data.
> > Any way I can do this?

I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical
order... as they should be.