dgh_findIndexes Overwrites Button Script

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Tue May 6 16:47:55 EDT 2014

Bob,

All I can say is the dgh_FindIndexes can only be found on the code
snippets section of my website or in the LiveCode forum, where I
shared it.
DGH do not copy this handler in any case and internally it is named
_dg_FindIndexes.

DGH is not overwriting scripts without the user confirmation and this
is only the case for datagrid form or column scripts. Plus, when the
"Scripts" section of DGH is used, the scripts are added after the
existing scripts.

I'm sharing code for helping developers and I'm doing profesional
tools. DGH has hundreds users and if they are reading your message, I
would like to ensure them they can be confident in the safety of the
code I'm writing. I would have appreciated you wrote me before to
launch this message in the community.

Anyway, I'm actually working on an open source version of DGH. Even if
it is not ready yet, DGH's users will soon see my code is safe.

By the way, what this "dgh_findIndexes" looks like?

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Wondering if anyone else has seen this: I have a button called Utilities which contains commonly used commands and functions. It seems to have been overwritten by one handler, dgh_findIndexes. All the backups I have are also overwritten. I have not used Datagrid Helper in well over a year, long before I created this stack. How is it then that this script has overwritten virtually all my utility handlers?
>
> Hopefully I have a copy in another project somewhere, but if this is happening to anyone else, I suspect we should find out how and why.
>
> Bob S

Best,
--
Zryip TheSlug