More screengamma

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon May 5 19:07:19 EDT 2014

I may be wrong, but a ways back I think there was some addition to LC
related to color profile support.  Maybe some of the images you're using
have color profiles associated with them, while others don't, and maybe LC
is interpreting (or trying to interpret) those.  But usually images
displaying darker than usual is the result of the PNG format.

I'm a broken record when it comes to PNGs. . .  Tried to find some way to
reliably strip out gamma info over the years, lots of tools, lots of
settings, etc, nothing works reliably.  In my experience, JPEGs are pretty
reliable in terms of displaying properly in LC, but then again I never use
color profiles.

Assuming you've already tried setting the screenGamma to 2.2 on Mac, and
leaving it alone on Windows?

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director