More screengamma

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 5 18:53:48 EDT 2014

On 5/5/14, 5:39 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
> On my Mac system, the PNG image at the top appears darker than the JPEG
> below.  When the slider is adjusted, only the top image is affected (LC
> 6.6.1, OSX 10.8.5)
>
> Are you seeing something different?

Well, I was screensharing when I saw it. I told the client how to set
the gamma from the message box and we both saw it change. Now neither of
us can do it. Maybe the card we were looking at happened to have a png
on it instead of a jpg; the stacks have hundreds of imported images so
it's possible they aren't all the same.

So if the gamma isn't the problem, do you know why the images would look
different on different platforms, and between stacks and standalones?
Here's what the client said:

"right now, you can't see any background at all on Windows; when you
make it so that it can be seen on Windows, it's way too dark on Mac"

I think the change she's talking about is when we were setting the
screengamma. If not, then I'm not sure what she did to "make it so it
can be seen." I'll find out, but if you have any ideas I'd love to hear
them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com