Need to compare two datagrids

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Mon May 5 16:03:38 EDT 2014

Hi Skip,

If it would make it easier (as in "doable"), why not put the dgText of
the data grids into variables and work with the data in that form?
That's probably what I would do. Then update each data grid with its
updated dgText list at the end.

Or if you're an "array person" you might prefer getting the dgData of
each grid and working with those.

Best -
Phil Davis

On 5/5/14, 12:52 PM, Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel wrote:
> I have two datagrids that I need to compare column 1.  I then need to
> separate these two lists out into additional datagrids.
>
> For instance, datagrid 1 contains three columns:
> 1234, ItemA, ItemDetails
> 1235, ItemB, ItemDetails
> 1236, ItemC, ItemDetails
>
> Datagrid 2 contains three columns:
> 1234, ItemA, ItemDetails
> 1235, ItemB, ItemDetails
>
> After the comparison I need a DG that has similar items and a separate DG
> that has unique items:
> Datagrid 3 would result in: (same items)
> 1234, ItemA, ItemDetails
> 1235, ItemB, ItemDetails
>
> Datagrid 4 would result in: (unique items)
> 1236, ItemC, ItemDetails
>
> My head is spinning in datagrid code!  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!
>
> SKIP

Phil Davis