Change to the label property in 6.7

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Mar 29 15:36:30 EDT 2014

I've been looking into my stacks to see how they will be affected by the
change to the way the label property of an option menu works in 6.7.

As long as it will still be possible to set the label of an option menu to
a value that is not in its text, all should be well.

Unfortunately, I can't even run 6.7 on my computer (OSX 10.7.4) as it dies
a silent death before I can even open a stack (QCC bug report entered). Can
anyone confirm that the above is still possible and, if so, what value ends
up in the menuHistory?

This change also reminds me that I've always wondered why setting the
hilitedline of a scrolling list field does not trigger a selectionChanged
message.  It seems analogous to setting the menuHistory of an option menu
triggering a menuPick message.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>