Application verification failure

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Mar 24 23:45:57 EDT 2014

On 3/24/14, 9:57 PM, Peter W A Wood wrote:

>> From the message, I would guess that the message is coming from
>> either the C library that LiveCode uses for HTTP support or from
>> the server. Looking at the HTTP responses might help you work out
>> which of the two doesn't like the request.

I've wondered if the problem is due to the revisions in libURL in 6.6.
But before I start asking RR about it, I want to make sure it's not
something else. Also, I can't give them a reliable recipe because it
isn't reproducible on demand.

> In order to limit the number of entries in your log, I would suggest
> trying to look at any response that was not successful which usually
> means the Status 200 (though it can be anything in the 200 range and
> even some 300 codes may not indicate failure).  Do you know what HTTP
> Status code the server returns with a successful transaction?

Yes, success returns "200 OK". And the server also sends back data that
starts with either "success" or "failure" so my scripts can take action.
But the server isn't getting my request, so nothing comes back from there.

The error "application verification failure" can be found in a list of
which indicates it is related to SSL. That document says the error is
"unused." But someone is obviously using it. And I have
libURLSetVerification set to false, so it shouldn't matter.

> Just in case it helps, here are the headers from a GET request to
> RunRev (with my annotations preceded by ##)

I just looked it up, I the function I need is libURULlastRHHeaders().
But if it isn't hitting the server I probably won't get anything back. I
just added the headers to my error logging though, thanks for the
suggestion.

> Is the service more heavily used at the weekend?

No, it's actually used less. We're still in production so there are only
three of us during the week. Over the weekend it's just me.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com