best/fastest way to tell if a field contains unicode text?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Mar 21 11:12:49 EDT 2014

<sigh> Apple vs Microsoft anyone? I’m not a huge Microsoft fan, but I have to work with it everyday as part of my job, so I’ve learned to live with it. But Apple of late has not blown my skirt up either. Soldering memory to the motherboard?? And why??? Well they will cite cost of production, but how curious that we can no longer take advantage of the price match guarantee on a memory upgrade when we walk into a store and buy a laptop instead of paying three to four times the market price for Apple memory. And glueing the battery to the case… well seems we have to take it to Apple to get serviced if the battery needs replacing now, don’t we?

Bob