Deja Vu

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Mar 20 23:53:44 EDT 2014

I know this has come up in the past, because I remember the poor fellow who was struggling with it.

I have a field with a closeField handler. In the handler there is an answer dialog command which the user must respond to. The problem is that the answer dialog pops twice! I have verified by way of search that the ONLY closeField handler in this stack is the one in this field. I have also verified by way of search that nothing else is sending a close field to this field! Further, when I set a breakpoint and try to catch the bugger in the act of executing twice, IT DOES NOT DO IT! Only when I am running does it pop twice and it does so every time.

Now I have tried all kinds of tricks, like setting a counter and bailing on the second time through, and locking messages before the answer dialog and unlocking them afterwards, and nothing prevents the dialog from popping twice. I believe this is a bug. Somehow the engine is sending the closeField message twice to the field, but NOT when in debug mode!

Did anyone find a solution for this?

Bob