alternative to do for loading variables from array?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 23:39:20 EDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 8:08 PM, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand your problem fully but I think 'repeat for each
> key' and the value() function might help.

This would produce a message.

I use different columns of a database for different output.  As such, the
output cards carry information to help build them.  I might tell it which
column is the page for that card with pgCol, so the card would have the
data to set pgCol to astPg, thus accessing column astPg.

I'd like to have a human-editable list of these variables as a property of
the output card, and then load these into their respective variables.

So a list of

  pgCol astPg
  fruit kumquat
  rock quartz

gets split into an array with keys pgCol, fruit, & rock, after which I'd
like to put these values into variables pgCol, fruit, and rock.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462