alternative to do for loading variables from array?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 23:08:10 EDT 2014

I'm not sure I understand your problem fully but I think 'repeat for each
key' and the value() function might help.
In the message box:

put 5 into tApple  --put something into various variables
put 50 into tBanana
put 5000 into tCarrot
put "tApple" into aArray[a] --build an array
put "tBanana" into aArray[b]
put "tCarrot" into aArray[c]
repeat for each key tKey in aArray
  put "tKey = " & tKey & "; Variable = " & aArray[tKey] & " = " &
value(aArray[tKey]) & cr after msg
end repeat