Image control in a Background

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 25 14:55:37 EDT 2014

On 6/25/2014, 9:56 AM, Vaughn Clement wrote:

> Very interesting link you included.
> The stack is another great reference material that is undocumented.

The User Guide is often overlooked. A pretty good explanation of groups
and backgrounds, and their differences and behavior, begins on page 107
of the guide. The User Guide can be accessed from either the Help menu
or from the Resources icon in the toolbar.

>   Please clarify why this line is used: set the filename of image
> "imageField1" of this card to  ""  ("" is
> shorthand for empty)
>
>   Where in the script are you using this to empty the image control. And why
> would you empty the image control?

This may be superstitious behavior based on an occasional delay when
necessary to set the filename to empty before resetting it to a
different video. But for image objects it isn't needed, and you can omit
that instruction.

I have a stack that does exactly what you're doing; it loads a different
image into a grouped image object every time the card changes. It works
fine by just replacing the content with a new image.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com