[OT] Remember Be?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jun 11 03:29:01 EDT 2014

Be was also very forward thinking about Internet-connected home
appliances.  In 1999, they hired me to create a UI for a prototype touch
screen "kitchen manager" -- for planning meals, ordering groceries, and
handling personal communications.  They were very shorthanded at the time,
so they left it up to me to make everything.  I wound up shooting video of
myself for the "video email" portion (scary!).

Many months later I was surprised to see the prototype appear on a ZDTV
segment with Jim Louderback.  Sadly, I only have a low quality digitized
VHS recording of the episode (never been able to find a good copy online).

For grins: http://www.tactilemedia.com/demo/be_kitchen_demo.html

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director