Weird data grid behaviour

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 04:41:24 EDT 2014

Gerry,

1 to 6: This is the normal behavior for all the datagrids:
The template substack is composed by one card by datagrids in your
project + the card id 1002 which contains the instructions as a
background group shared by all the templates cards.
The name of the window is set somewhere in the IDE and is not totally
reflective of the template opened. However if you check the card
opened in the inspector, you should be in the right card.

7. 2 possible reasons:
- Your datagrid contains no data. The template is applied to existing
rows in the datagrid. If the datagrid is empty, you will see nothing.
- You have placed the new objects outside the row template group (i.e.
in the card). Edit the template group and place your controls inside
it.

Note a trial version of our DGH plugin is available here:
http://www.aslugontheroad.com/download/category/5-open-sources

With DGH:
1. You can edit directly the template (one for a datagrid form, one by
columns in a datagrid table) of your datagrid in a special DGH
template area. No need to go in the template substack.
2. You can see the result of your changes in the datagrid preview,
before to apply the changes to the final datagrid, even if the
datagrid has no data.

Best Regards,

On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 2:26 AM, Gerry Orkin <gerry.orkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Weirdness going on here with LC commercial 6.5.2 and all versions up to
> 6.6.2:
>
> 1) I drag a new data grid onto a stack
> 2) in the object inspector I make the datagrid a form datagrid (not strictly
> relevant as the problem happens with table datagrids too)
> 3) in the datagrid templates substack I see two cards, id 1002 and id 1005.
> I've never seen that before!
> 4) on card id 1002 I have ONLY the _DataGridTemplateInstructions_ group
> 5) on card id 1005 I have the expected row template group and it's contents
> 6) when I click the Row Template... button in the datagrid's inspector I see
> what looks like card id 1005 (I can see the row template)...but the title
> bar of that window says card id 1002.
> 7) any changes I make to the row template on that card are NOT shown in the
> datagrid itself.
> 8) if I try to associate the row template on card id 1005 with the datagrid
> (e.g. set the dgProps["row template"] of group "Datagrid 1" to the long id
> of group id 1006 of card id 1005 stack "Data Grid Templates 1402184271384")
> I get no errors in the msg box but nothing changes.
>
> Arghhhhh. Help!
>
> Gerry

Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com