mobileUpdateContact: One way trip?

Charles E Buchwald charles at buchwald.ca
Tue Jul 29 22:56:17 EDT 2014

I'm trying to use mobileUpdateContact.
I have a stack with a single button, with this script:

on mouseDown
   ask "Name:"
   put word 1 of it into tUpdate["firstname"]
   put word 2 of it into tUpdate["lastname"]
   put "Sample note." into tUpdate["note"]
   mobileUpdateContact tUpdate, "Update Contact"
   put the result
end mouseDown

This leads to an iOS screen that asks if I want to update an existing contact, or create a new contact.
If I choose to "update an existing contact", followed by selecting that contact, then I'm presented with a screen showing the data for that contact... without my new data appended, just the existing data. If I press "Done", I'm returned to the screen with my new data. There is no way to dismiss the "Create New" or "Add to Existing" screen. It's a one way trip to a dead end...

If  I choose to "create a new contact" then it creates a new contact containing only the new data. If the name I entered is the same as an existing contact, then I end up with a duplicate contact. Either way I'm returned to a screen with contact data, without a way to dismiss it. It's another one way trip to a dead end...

My script never makes it to the 7th line.

The only reference I could find to this issue is here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15862869/livecode-mobileaddcontact

Has anyone else successfully used mobileUpdateContact?
Is this a (showstopping) bug?
It seems like there's a missing step somewhere in the sequence... or a missing "Done" button... or something similar...
As it is, it seems to only replicate what can be done with mobileCreateContact, but with the frustration of these dead ends...

- Charles

--
Charles E. Buchwald
CEO/Director General