RevOnline & User Comments in the Dictionary

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 27 15:05:45 EDT 2014

On 7/27/2014, 1:31 PM, Peter M. Brigham wrote:
> On the Mac these days the plugins folder is within the LiveCode app
> package (LiveCode xxx.app/Contents/Tools/Plugins/). On Windows the
> plugins folder should be visible with no hassle.

That folder is meant only for the plugins that ship with LiveCode, and
if you put custom ones in there they will no longer be found when you
update to a new version.

The preferred location for user plugins is in a folder named Plugins,
inside a folder you specify in Preferences in the Files and Memory pane.
You'll need to create that folder if this is the first plugin you've
installed.

I've put my plugins folder into Dropbox and pointed all my copies of
LiveCode to it so that no matter what machine I'm on or what version of
LiveCode I'm running, they all use the same plugin set. It should be
inside an enclosing folder that will/can also hold other LiveCode
resource folders. The path to my LiveCode extensions folder is:

Dropbox/Application Support/Livecode/Plugins/

I manually created all the containing folders.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com