Install Error With TestFlightApp?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Jul 26 18:28:56 EDT 2014

Hi List:

I recently tried distributing an app for testing via TestFlightApp.com,
and when isnatlling the app on an iPad I get a recurring "Unable To
Download App" error.  Anybody out there know how to solve this?

I'm pretty sure there's no issue with the mobile standalone itself since I
can manually drag-install it onto my device via xCode, and it runs as
expected.  The provisioning is set up as ad hoc, I followed the directions
posted in this forum thread
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=8380>, and TestFlight
isn't complaining about any errors at upload time.

Using Apple's iPhone Config Utility to view console output, several errors
are reported (but I never know which of these is "expected" and which are
actual failures):
<Error>: 0x2d5000 stage_package: Could not peruse package at
/var/tmp/install_staging.3TSSY2/foo_extracted
<Error>: 0x2d5000 MobileInstallationInstall_Server: Could not stage the
package
<Error>: 0x3c1000 MobileInstallationInstallForLaunchServices: failed with
-1
<Error>: 0x2d5000 handle_install_for_ls: API failed

Any suggestions on how to get past this?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design