6.5.2 Doesn't Remember Script Editor Location

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 23:40:33 EST 2014

Definitely NOT confirmed.

My problem (not LC's) is the exact opposite, I use multiple monitors and
the script editor is always on another monitor, if I do not remember to
shutdown LC correctly - by first moving ALL the LC windows and palettes
back to the main monitor, if I start up LC without the other monitors then
the script editor and Dictionary will not appear on my single screen. I
have to use the Message Box to reset their loc. I've just downloaded 6.5.2
and I see the behaviour is the same - although I don't have multiple
monitors connect at the moment, but I started LC 6.5.2, opened a stack,
opened it's script, resized and moved the script editor. I then Saved the
stack, even though there was nothing to save. Quit LC. Started LC, opened
the stack, open the script editor, and there it was, just where I left it.
Works as expected.

I'm on LC 6.5.2, OS X 10.9.1, MBP 15" Retina

As a possible solution, how do you Quit LC. A while back I noticed that
iTunes never remember it's window size and position. When I started it up
it would be half off the screen and I'd reposition it, but every time
morning when I started my computer and iTunes auto started, there it was,
half off screen. The cause and solution to this problem seem to lay in the
fact that I read somewhere that Lion, or SnoLeo (can't remember) adopted a
new strategy when you shut down your computer, it would Kill the process,
not simply Quit it. Now I don't believe this, but I also don't understand
fully what's going on under the hood, because Apps with docs still open
with changes would still ask you to Save them, but iTunes doesn't have docs
to save, and basically the only time iTunes was ever shutdown was when I
shutdown the computer and it was done for me. So, lo and behold, one time I
started iTunes, moved it back so it was better placed on the screen and
sized sensibly, Quit iTunes, and then started it back up, and there it was,
right where I left it. So there is clearly a difference on what is 'saved'
when a App that 'apparently' doesn't have anything to save is Quit vs auto
Quit on shutdown.

So, do you leave LC running and simply have it auto Quit when you shutdown
your computer. Have you tried Starting LC first, then opening a stack, then
opening the script editor, and then, even though there is nothing to save,
select Save, then Quit LC, then start LC, then open your stack, then open
the script editor to see if it remembers.

HTH