LiveCode and SCRUM tools

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jan 4 23:50:04 EST 2014

Geoff-

> Mark might work differently (scrum is flexible) but where I work each
> discrete task is a day's effort or less (for one developer). The assumption
> is that tracking smaller tasks in simple terms of not-started, in-progress,
> done makes for greater accuracy than tracking percentages on larger tasks.

Not that much differently, and the end goal (greater accuracy by
tracking smaller tasks) is the same. We assign points to stories. Then
each developer picks up a certain number of points per iteration to
work on. Developers learn not to overreach over time, and you can
track historically when stories have missed their goals, so over time
you learn how to work better as a team.

Of course, all this would be moot without the daily standups.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com