Support for Mac OSX 10.5

Andrew Kluthe andrew at ctech.me
Tue Feb 25 14:28:51 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Mark Schonewille <
m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> No, Andrew. I think this is exactly one of RunRev's problems. Too often,
> they seem to have no attention for how many people are affected by a small
> bug or a strategical change, which seems to be rather unimportant at first
> sight. If you count the total number of hours that people will have to
> spend on testing their scripts, you will understand that this is indeed a
> lot of work compared to the man hours needed to maintain LC for OSX 10.5 a
> little longer.

Except that is what Ben came here to do. To get input from and pay
attention to us, the overwhelming majority of which so far has been
supportive even when critical of the possible outcome. Alarmist language
does everything but add to the discussion. What is a "little longer" in
your opinion? 1 year? 5 years? I would hate for runrev to spend several
months to make something backwards compatible for a short time. Along with
this time spent, I would imagine it would further complicate the code base
in non-trivial ways.

--
Regards,

Andrew Kluthe