Encryption / Encoding Differences between IDE and OS X Standalone

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 00:45:58 EST 2014

Hi Peter,

Fields are meant for the display of text, not binary data.
You could 'base64encode' the binary data before you display it.

Oh, and when treating binary data, you should the 'byte' chunk instead of the 'char' chunk.
That way when LiveCode goes all-in Unicode, your script will continuye to work.

HTH,

Jan Schenkel

=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====