[OT] question about stackoverflow - why was my posting deleted

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Feb 12 07:22:21 EST 2014

Hi Matthias,

Your answer wasn't a direct answer to the question. Questions on SO
should ask for a direct solution and answers should contain a direct
solution.

Answers like "you should read this" have a very high probability of
being deleted. Posting links, for a purpose other than mentioning the
original source of the answer, make deletion almost certain.

SO wants to be an independent source, where you can find all answers
without having to go to another website. In this respect, SO is even
more strict than Wikipedia.

Don't worry. This happens all the time. It is just how SO works.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com