Defining Pet Features and Essentials

Ender Nafi Elekcioglu endernafi at keehuna.com
Wed Feb 12 05:48:58 EST 2014

Part 2:

These are not my subjective opinions;
look at this table: http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
Where is Livecode?
I want to see Livecode, there; I honestly do.
And I’m willing to do anything I can to put Livecode into that page.

EDIT just before posting the message:
~~~
I’ve shared that link 2 months ago, back then Xojo/RealBasic wasn’t among the 100 list.
Now, it’s there. The last one. Xojo made its way through. Excellent, just excellent. [:sarcasm:]
And we have pluggable themes :/
~~~

Nobody can blame RunRev the team, they are trying to stay alive in a very competitive environment.
So they are willingly or involuntarily been directed to a path their customers choose.
We want a feature, they’re trying to provide.
Nobody wants that feature, they even don’t notice the need.

This is my business; I’ve built a brand new company two years ago
and I pay my rent and bills and salaries of my co-workers thanks to Livecode.
And I earned enough money to live for past two years.
But you know what?
I have lost 4 times more in value than I’ve earned because of those issues up there.

* 7 different projects and counting because of 32000pixels group size limit
People want to see new content loading as soon as they scroll to end; nobody wants pagination.

* 9 different *casual* game projects.
How casual? One of them is a nice clone of this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pinch-peeps/id513847077?mt=8
One of them has just two big turntables, kinda slot machine game.
If I could rotate those tables without wiggling and some minor animations at the same time, I could have get that project.

* A big, big government project because of the lack of camera feed overlay, it should be an augmented reality app, very simple one.
How about this toddler:
Camera feed with physics-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAEjugyQF-A
Real time filters -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxMXOrCoMcI
Yes, Corona is just a toddler compared to the deep roots of Livecode and experience of RunRev team.

I could go on but I think I made my point.

What I’m doing now?
I’ve hired a young and sharp fella.
His only job is getting better in Xcode and learning Corona SDK
by replicating current Livecode projects alongside us.
That’s the sole reason why I’m paying to him.
When he’s proficient enough, I’ll transition to those development environments.

The future is in mobile, clear as day.
Either Apple or Android or Tizen or Google Glass or whatever brand-new platform which will emerge.

I just can’t afford losing anymore projects.

Kindest Regards,

~ Ender

P.S.:
By the way, if anyone curious what kind of apps I make, check this customer of mine:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bitkipark/id811160341?mt=8
Just the linked one is ours; others were outsourced to another company and I’ll remake them in a couple of months.
The apps are in Turkish,
but since we use Latin alphabet
and most words resemble to english counterparts like Web, Adres {Address} or Favori {Favorite}
you won’t face a problem navigating through.