Setting a fade in/out of a group

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Fri Feb 7 02:21:47 EST 2014

Hi,

Does a group receive mouse messages the same way as another control, such as a button?

I have a control panel that I want to fade in and out with mouse enter and leave. The control panel is a group containing a number of buttons. I have a group script with mouseEnter and mouseLeave handlers to to do the fade of the group.

The group script seems to receive the mouse messages from the individual buttons within the group (as expected). But I only want the group itself to respond to the mouse. If I trap the mouseEnter and mouseLeave messages in each element of the group nothing happens. The group itself doesn't seem to respond to the mouse.

Without the trapped messages in each element the problem is a strobing effect as the mouse is moved horizontally and enters and leaves the individual buttons. Again, trapping those messages makes nothing happen as the group itself doesn't seem to be responding to the mouse movement.

I'm using LC 6.1.3.

Thanks,

Peter Bogdanoff
UCLA