mySQL disconnects

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Sun Feb 2 14:47:38 EST 2014

Reposting my own post. I am looking at the socket API for Livecode and wondering if I can do something along those lines. Looks like I can manipulate the socket timeout, so that is promising.

One thing that concerns me is that the dictionary says that code execution continues while the connection is being made, something I will have to prevent as the whole point is establishing a viable connection *before* I proceed.

Does anyone have a simple example of how to use the socket API and wait for a response? I know I could probably take a couple hours of trial and error and figure it out, but frankly I am lazy. :-)

Bob