7.0 can't parse group "someGroup" of (an id)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Dec 15 17:05:07 EST 2014

Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>> What is the most recent version in which that worked?
>
> It was new code; I haven't use it in any earlier version.

Thanks. From the title I got the impression this was specific to v7.0.

While LiveCode is generally much more flexible than other xTalks when
mixing literal and variable values to construct object references, I
have seen a few occasions where mixing the two is troublesome.

In your case:

    put the name of (group "rawRow" of (line 3 of grNms ))

...I wonder if either this:

    put the name of (the long ID of group "rawRow" of (line 3 of grNms ))

...or this:

    put line 3 of grNms into tObj
    put the name of  (  group "rawRow" of tObj )

...would work?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems