7.0 can't parse group "someGroup" of (an id)

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:54:20 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Bob Sneidar <bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com>
wrote:

> What is grNms? What does it contain? If they are only ID’s then your
> statement would resolve to something like:

They are long ids or similar (I have a function that chops long id to

group ID 1 of stack "someStack"

so grMs is somthing like

group ID 1 of stack "someStack"
group ID 2 of stack "anotherStack"
group ID 2 of stack "anotherStack"

> put the name of  (  group "rawRow" of   (123456))
>
> You can see the problem. Now if it contains rows of the long id’s of those
> groups, then your statement might resolve to something like:
>
> put the name of  (  group "rawRow" of   (group id 2571 of card id 1002 of
> stack “myStack"))
>
> Is group “rawRow” contained in group id 2571 of card id 1002 of stack
> “myStack"? If not then that also is a problem.

Yes; it was definitely there.  I got it from the childControlIDs function.

> What I usually do to make troubleshooting simpler is I put every value I
> am going to enter into a statement into a variable first. In your case you
> can use a breakpoint before the statement and examine the contents of grNms
> to see if it contains what you think it does.

It wasn't a runtime error, but a compile error

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462