mobilePickMedia and mobilePlaySoundOnChannel question

Alan Stenhouse alanstenhouse at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 10 05:21:52 EST 2014

I'm attempting to play some music on iPad after selecting it with mobilePickMedia.

Selecting it is fine and returns a line in the form:

ipod-library://item/item.mp3?id=-3639534672740601105

Now, later on I try to play this using mobilePlaySoundOnChannel but I get the error:

"could not play sound"

Anyone have a good idea why this is and if I need to somehow provide a different path or other for this command? The examples given in the docs use the "play" command but then there is this note below:

"Note: On iOS, mobilePickMedia returns references to the iTunes data store on the iOS device. These media references can only be played with the mobilePlaySoundOnChannel command."

Any ideas/pointers?

Thanks in advance!

Alan