Missing properties

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 02:32:08 EST 2014

It's been a long time since I saw anything on the syntax extension
functionality, but my recollection was that it was supposed to be the
all-singing, all-dancing wonder of the universe -- meaning that if I wanted
to use a C-like dot-notation (I don't, usually) that would be easy to
build. And that basically I'd be able to write that up as a language
module, and then share it with other dot-notation fans, who could just drop
it in place and go to work. All of which makes me think that if I want to
implement a grandchildControlIDs property (I don't), I'll be able to.

Is there a more-recent-and-detailed spec that confirms or denies this? I'm
(non)patiently awaiting the ability to create inline if statements, default
parameter values, and multiple assignments.

put (if x = y then 6 else 7) into z
function getColumn pData, rowDel=cr, colDel=tab
put 3 into x into y

But maybe that's just my fantasy.

gc