opening stack as modal changes screenMouseLoc?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Dec 9 23:15:45 EST 2014

I would guess this is happening because the behavior of displaying a modal stack is based on some UI convention of centering modal dialogs on the screen.  The answer dialog behaves this way.

One way to work around this is to use a suspendStack handler in the main stack that opens the model, like this:

on suspendStack
   if  “myModal" is among the lines of the openStacks then
      set the topLeft of stack “myModal" to 100,100
   end if
end suspendStack

Upon opening the modal stack, the main stack is suspended and sets the position of the modal before the modal is displayed.  I use this to position the answer dialog when I want to display it in a specific location.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design