Can't Start LiveCode Server Under Yosemite

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 22:19:17 EST 2014

Hi Gregory

The first think that I would check is whether Apache is actually running or not. This is how I checked on my machine, using the ps command:

Schulz:~ fatty$ sudo apachectl start
Schulz:~ fatty$ ps -U www
  PID TTY           TIME CMD
35439 ??         0:00.00 /usr/sbin/httpd -D FOREGROUND
Schulz:~ fatty$ sudo apachectl stop
Schulz:~ fatty$ ps -U www
  PID TTY           TIME CMD
Schulz:~ fatty$ sudo apachectl start
Schulz:~ fatty$ ps -U www
  PID TTY           TIME CMD
35458 ??         0:00.00 /usr/sbin/httpd -D FOREGROUND

The next thing I would check would be the Apache error log, which you you should be able to do with this command:

tail /private/var/log/apache2/error_log

Regards

Peter