._!

Paul Hibbert paulhibbert at mac.com
Tue Aug 26 19:43:57 EDT 2014

Richard,

It seems turning off the '._*' file creation could cause problems with the Apple Finder and some MS Office apps.

After a quick search I found an old entry on Mac OS X Hints (MacWorld forum) that states "using the 'mv' and 'cp' commands (in Terminal) will move or copy files without the ._ files.", so maybe you could use a shell command to do the copying.

I just tried a quick test and although I'm not seeing any '._*' files, I noticed that using the 'cp' command doesn't copy the '.DS_Store' file so it may be worth a try to see if avoids copying the '._*' files too.

Article link:- http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20020217094739452

Paul