open file tFile for text ?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Aug 19 06:23:18 EDT 2014

Thierry,

Apparently, this is new. Older versions of LiveCode don't have this (or
that part of the text doesn't render). Also, I was looking at the open
file command at first. So, it really helped that you pointed exactly at
the right part of the right entry.

Yes, I would say that the example in the dictionary is wrong. It should be

open file tFile for text write

or

open file tFile for binary write

but it is sufficient to use