[OT] Transparent Demo Screen

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 05:27:34 EDT 2014

On 19/08/14 07:15, Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel wrote:
> Is there any software out there to create the "semi-transparent" demo
> screen that you see sometimes when an app launches for the first time.
> Yes, I could spend the time doing it in Photoshop but I was thinking there
> might be something purpose driven out there already.
>
> There seems to be some commonalty between the ones I have seen with curved
> arrows and "handwritten" text.
>
> Know of anything?
>
> Your insight is always appreciated!
>
> SKIP

Well . . .

I always make a semi-transparent PNG image using GIMP.

This is very easy indeed:

1. Open GIMP.

2. Open a new image at about 2 pixels each way bigger than your stack,
and make sure you select "Transparent background" in 'advanced options.

3. New Layer, Fill with colour of choice, set transparency to 50%.

4. Export as PNG.

5. Import into Livecode; muck around with textFields overlaying the PNG,

and/or other pictorial elements.

6. Group the lot and import snapshot.

7. Delete original PNG and other components.

Richmond.