is there a way...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Apr 24 11:00:57 EDT 2014

On 4/24/2014 10:46 AM, larry at significantplanet.org wrote:
> I am putting up an overlay (image) over a field that I display for 1 second and then, using a repeat statement and blendlevel, fade the image until it becomes invisible again.
>
> The problem is that I'm using the wait command to do this and I can't do anything else in the program for those 2 seconds.  I have a vague recollection that I could use pending messages or something, but I cannot remember how to do that.
>
> If you know how, please help.

 basic approach is: "send message in x seconds", so you do something like:

on displayImage
  -- put code to display image in place of this comment
  send "fadeImage" to me in 1 second
end displayImage

on fadeImage
 -- put code to fade the image 1 step towards invisibility in place of
this comment
  if (not FullyInvisible) then send "fadeImage" to me in 10 milliseconds
end fadeImage

where "FullyInvisible" is a check for whether you have fully faded the
image or not (true in you have, false if not)