Email Using LiveCode Server?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Tue Apr 22 07:01:15 EDT 2014

Hi Scott,

if you need to reply to the address the customer entered in the form, then you could
adjust the script a little bit:

// add the parameter pReplyTo to the parameter list

//command mail pTo, pSub, pMsg, pFrom, pCc, pBcc, pHtml, pAtts
command mail pTo, pSub, pMsg, pFrom, pReplyTo, pCc, pBcc, pHtml, pAtts

    local tMsg

    -- build the message header, adding the from, to and subject details
    -- we also put any cc addresses in here, but not bcc (bcc addresses hidden)
    put "From:" && pFrom & return & "To:" && pTo & return & "Subject:" && pSub & return into tMsg

//add this three lines //
    if pReplyTo is not empty then
       put "Reply-to:" && pReplyTo & return after tMsg
    end if
// END add this three lines //

  if pCc is not empty then
       put "Cc:" && pCc & return after tMsg
    end if
. . . .
?>

You just have to set the pReplyTo variable with the email address of the customer.

And don´t forget to call the command "mail" with the newly added parameter

mail pTo, pSub, pMsg, pFrom, pReplyTo, pCc, pBcc, pHtml, pAtts

With that adjustments the email is sent and you can still reply to the customer address.

Regards,

Matthias