LC and iOS 7 icons

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 05:54:09 EDT 2013

>It's interesting that people didn't start complaining about this until they realised there would be parallel development of 6.1.2. As Richard suggests a mechanism to be notified of all releases or not with the default being only final releases would work nicely. As things develop we may see more than two parallel release branches so it would  be good to filter the notifications down for the masses.

>--
>M E R Goulding
>Software development services

I don't know if that is meant as a bi*chy comment aimed at me or not :)

I only noticed the "odd" upgrade situation when I popped over to Windows XP in a VMWare thingybob
(even us died-in-the-wool anti-Windows folks cannot resist a "walk on the wild side" from time to time)
and opened Livecode Community 6.1.0 and was offered 6.1.1 and 6.5.0 . .

Now, come the "naive punter" and the natural reaction is to go for the bigger number (as the
actress said to the bishop while they were out purchasing elephants).

I had not "complained" [wrong verb Monte! I "observed"] prior to that as I dislike any sort of automated
upgrade system in as far as it reduces my control and my choices, so I have been moving through
the LC upgrades manually.

IFF; the IDE offered upgrades rather like this:

Possible Upgrades:

1. 7.1: safe as houses.
2. 7.3: semi-safe.
3. 8.5: don't touch it with a bargepole unless you are a developer who enjoys hosing his/her code base from time to time.

Then there would be nothing to "complain" about.

Although that sort of menu might give the "naive punters" a slightly odd impression.

Richmond.